Monday, August 2, 2010

Reaching God's Ear

Recently I finished Reaching the Ear of God by Wayne Mack. Part of my goal for the summer was to read one Christian book each month. So for the month of the July I chose this book. It has been so convicting and helpful! Wayne Mack pulls apart the Lord's prayer in Matthew 6. It is such an invaluable in-depth study and has helped bring me closer and closer to God as I've learned to pray more... and more like Jesus - and to love doing it.

One of the most memorable things from the book for me was that prayer is our strongest weapon, and that's why its often so "hard" to pray. Satan knows that when we are on our knees we are stronger than ever because we are so close to God. My prayer life before had been inconsistent, but when I learned that Satan is trying to keep me from praying, I saw how important it is to pray - and I have experienced the benefits and joy of praying.

While I have a long way to go, I'm thankful that I'm finally going. I would highly recommend this book not only to anyone who wants to improve their prayer life, but I would argue that it is necessary for every single Christian because a prayerless Christian is not a Christian at all.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this. I have been thinking about how I have not been consistent with my prayer time as I once was. I need to get back into that :)

    ReplyDelete